Director, Infrastructure Services, Auckland University of Technology
Roy is an IT&T professional with over 40 years practical experience in managing large and diverse technology teams while operating at a senior level for organisations across Australia and New Zealand. Roy has worked as both a vendor and a customer in corporate and non-corporate companies.
He currently holds the role of Director Infrastructure Services at AUT. He has a team of 40 technical staff and is responsible for Security; Networks; Infrastructure and Core Applications support. Some of the roles he has held previously include:
• Telecommunications Refresh Project Voice Lead ANZ National
• Infrastructure Manager ANZ National Bank
• Networks and Facilities Manager ANZ National
• Telecommunications Manager Carter Holt Harvey
• Country Manager AAP Communications Services NZ
• Internal Audit Telecom NZ
Roy is commercially aware with an extensive background in managing mission critical technical operations where 24/7/365 service reliability and uptime is a given.